Sorry, could not resist that !
Well, after sixteen weeks work, a lot of research, quite a few grey hairs and some very good times, the course is over.
One thing I wanted to create, from my portraits that I have been taking of the group is a cake (from Asda), shown below;
Could this qualify as a portfolio ? …….. Oh crumbs
I thought that this would be a nice way to officially end the course.
I have designed cakes like this before, and I think that it is a nice, and unusual way to present something as personal as this, and to me this was the best way to mark the end of the course. My only regret is that Joe was not in when I was taking the portraits. I could not add my face to this as no one would like a piece of cake had I added it.
Besides self portraits never look good.
Eric was on hand to do the honours, making a few cutting remarks ;-)
I have got your cake for you Pippa, you are back on Tuesday so please let me know when I can get your cake to you.
Another course I have enjoyed, and it makes all the difference when you have such a good group to work with.
Hope to see some of you on Tuesday night when we are working on the exhibition. Still not used to the idea of some of my work in an exhibition !
As it was said today, it’s nice we go to the Burton Photographic Society and on some of our trips together.
who's the bald coot then, I don'e recognise him from the course.
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff Pete, don't lose touch though.
Pete, thank you for the cake! I've just given Mick his piece and he said " You look younger in cake!" Perhaps you've discovered a new medium for portraits....
ReplyDeleteSee you Tuesday :)
Thanks again Pete, I did give Bob his when I got in and he said to say ta, it's been great working along with you all on the course and thanks for the help you've given me along the way as I'm so daft!
ReplyDeleteOh, thanks, Pete. Is this confectionary canibalism? Great stuff. We'll hopefully all keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteVery Best Wishes
Pip