No Benny Hill style remarks please !
When I was taking the product shots of the wine glass, during product shoot 2, I based my idea on an article in Digital Photo magazine, which I then lost.
I have now found the issue, number 128 Spring 2009, and I have compared their photograph to mine:
| Their photograph | My photograph |
Because we had limited time during the shoot, and that Jim had chose a white backdrop, we went for a contrast to what the magazine had done.
I took photographs as Steve slowly poured the ‘wine’ into the wine glass held by Pippa, waiting to get the shot that I wanted.
Some of these photographs are shown below:
Looking at the two I prefer my version, which although there was no splashing in the glass, much in the same way as Chris Collins or Martin Wonnacott, the bubbles in the ‘wine’ in the glass add to my shot. Looking at their photograph the red wine is much thicker than the ‘wine’ I used and may have been poured from a greater height to get the splashes in the glass. In their article the wine glass was fixed to a table using tape and /or blue tack, whereas in mine Pippa held the wine glass, adding the human element to the shot.
So out of the two shots, I prefer mine !
I prefer yours, Peter. I love the bubbles and lightness
ReplyDelete