Monday, 10 May 2010

Little People

Having been looking at the work of Chris Collins, and his team, I thought that I would give it a go.

I have taken some images of a wine bottle so all I needed was some corkscrew people to animate and use to bring some life to the bottle.

So, first step was to take some photographs of our corkscrew, in different positions:

Closed Open

1/60 sec at f4.5 with 100 ISO

Next, I looked at one of Chris’s creations

Chris Collins021

This image is one that really drew my attention to Chris’s work, so I will base my image on this idea, but with a slight twist.

Using PhotoPlus X3, from Serif, I removed the background and carefully deconstructed the corkscrew, creating a separate layer for each part of my character.

screen grab1

And this is my nearly finished result:

Corkscrew Man Climb

Finally, here is the finished work, and thanks Eric for your feedback:

Corkscrew people Climbing

I have added some background and also a shadow, as per Peter Clark’s lesson at the Burton Photographic Society.

2 comments:

  1. This is great and very innovative Pete. Great style and all you need to do now is lake them go "EEK". It would make a great animation, get on that web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I particularly like the play on perspective here and the way the bold colour scheme makes the image so vibrant,
    Again can you label all of your work with the correct criteria labels so you can target what is missing and raise the level of your work.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete