As you can see there is really very little working space available, whilst getting the lighting how I wanted it.
Below are photographs of the actual set up:
Choice of Equipment
For this shoot I chose to use my Fujifilm Finepix S7000 camera, because this has a better macro capability, especially when working in such a confined workspace. The S7000 has a built in lens which is the equivalent of a 28 – 210mm lens on a 35mm film camera, but offers both macro mode and super macro mode (the latter allowing focusing down to 25mm).
Because I was working from a fixed location, I used my older Miranda tripod, which is considerably heavier than the lighter Star 75 tripod that I took to Wales, but far more steady.
To avoid camera shake when pressing the shutter release I set the camera to a 2 second self timer, as this camera does not have a remote release capability.
Health and Safety
Working Environment
As I am working in a confined space, and it being a kitchen, it was very important to ensure that all knives and sharp objects had been put away, prior to the start of the shoot. Also, I had to make sure that the floor was dry, with no spillages which could lead to me slipping over.
Electricity
Because I was using existing light, there were no concerns over electric lighting, again the kitchen was clear and the electric appliances were unplugged and out of the way.
Cables
I made sure that there were no cables in the working environment to prevent any tripping style accidents.
Heat
As there was no flash lighting there were no concerns over the heat generated by these. The cooker had not been used for hours, so it was cold to the touch. As there was no direct sunlight there was no noticeable heat there. The water in the kettle was cold as well, although this was down the other end of the kitchen, well away from where I was working.
Chemicals
I had ensured that everything was put away, prior to the start of the shoot. The kitchen tops were clear.
Selecting the Images

The results of the shoot




Hi
ReplyDeleteAims and planning for the shoot have been clearly evidenced and recorded. The product shoot on 22nd May clearly record exactly what you did along with technical metadata.P4
Steve
Hi
ReplyDelete22nd May blog shows not only planning but the intended choice of equipment. Along with clear evidence of what kit and resources have been used.C3
Steve
Hi
ReplyDeleteThere is a log of image capture and all images taken. Also considerations for health and safety have been documented as well.C4
Steve
Hi
ReplyDelete22nd May blog entry also covers the log of images and resources used but also the health and safety implications in the studio.D4
Steve